August 6, 2008

Dig In!!


So tonight I tried a new recipe from my fav recipe website, Recipe Zaar and it was DELISH!! Crock Pot Chicken w/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese.... yum! 

Great thing about this recipe is that with most crock pot recipes usually you have to remember to defrost the meat first. Not this one. This recipe has a total of five, count em' five ingredients, one of which is FROZEN chicken breasts!   

Here's the recipe:

Crock Pot Chicken w/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

Serves 4
  • 4 Boneless Chicken Breasts
  • 1 (15 1/2  oz.) can Black Beans
  • 1 (15 oz) can Corn
  • 1 (15 oz) jar of Salsa, your fav brand
  • 1 (8 0z) package of Cream Cheese
Lightly grease crock pot (this makes for super easy clean up later). Place frozen Chicken Breasts into crock pot. Add can of Black Beans, jar of Salsa and drained can of Corn. Keep in crock pot for 5 hours on HIGH or until chicken is cooked. You can either serve the Chicken in whole pieces or you can shred it. I shredded it. Add package of Cream Cheese, stir it around and let it sit for 1/2 hour.

That's it, your done. I served mine tonight with Goya Spanish Rice. If any of you guys make this, let me know what you think:)

6 comments:

Lady Blogger said...

It sound purty sound good! How thick is it?

ROXY said...

Pretty think... especially once you put it over the rice:) I always have Dave rate our dinners on a scale from 1-10 and he said this was a 9:)

Sandra said...

That not only looks easy but so good, I will have to give this one a try :)

Thanks Roxy.

Mari said...

I will be trying this for sure - it looks so good!

Anonymous said...

This looks good. Thanks for sharing!

MJ

Overwhelmed! said...

My husband will LOVE IT if I make this for him. :)

Thanks for sharing!